Created With The Vision:
“To provide our communities with a high-quality, responsive and reliable waste environmental service”.
We achieve our vision by:
- Engaging with our communities and stakeholders to raise awareness of environmental issues and encourage positive environmental behaviours
- We deliver innovative approaches to reduce waste, support reuse and increase recycling
- We are a committed and trusted employer that contributes to the local economy
- Through our work, we display care for the local environment by consistently working to deliver climate change improvements
We commenced operations on 1st July 2019 as a wholly owned company of Blackpool Council.
Would You Like To Learn More About Enveco?
Take look at our business plan for further information.
Enveco’s Achievements To Date
- Successful Phase 2 transition of additional services from Blackpool Council
- Introduction of performance management framework across all services to measure, monitor and report on KPI’s (business performance, health, and safety)
- Improved terms and conditions of employment for Phase 1 staff – adopting Real Living Wage and above inflation pay awards
- Supported 40 employment opportunities for Young People through Kickstart and Care Leaver programmes
- Developed a learning facility at Layton Depot and commenced new training programmes
- Invested and increased quality of cleaning in the Town Centre, with battery operated ‘Glutton’ machines
- Upgraded MOT/Taxi testing facilities within our Central Vehicle Maintenance Unit
- Improved access to recycling – ‘Bags to bin’, community recycling bins, kerbside battery collection
- Refurbishment of footpaths in Arboretum and Stanley Park playground to improve accessibility
- Refurbishment of Stanley Park ‘Tennis Court Pavilion’ to extend the partnership with Probation Service
- Invested in City and Guilds certified training for 10 operatives in herbicide application and reviewed operation in weed management regime for 2022 – utilising multiple treatment methods and weed ripper machinery
- Invested in 7 new Compact Mechanical Sweepers and 1 large (15t) Mechanical Sweeper allowing for a review to reintroduce mechanical residential street sweeping programme
- Delivered a successful medical equipment reuse scheme (HWRC)